Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
Awesome snack mix that tastes like a cinnamon bun!! Great for on-the-go or even gift giving. Plus, its a snap to prepare - so good, you'll wish you made a double batch!
Top Review by alligirl
I can't say how pleased I was to find and make this for some of my Christmas treats! Wonderful and flavorful, this is super simple to throw together. I used liquid egg whites (3 tbsp. per recipe) and followed another reviewer's suggestion to use a large bowl and my hands! ;-) I made 4 batches and snacked on this myself - it does taste like cinnamon buns! Thanks so much for sharing, Brooke the Cook in WI!
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 78.07 ml pecans (roughly chopped) or 78.07 ml walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 160 g miniature pretzel twists (4.5-5 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 and prepare baking sheet with sides - I line mine with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Combine brown sugar and ground cinnamon, set aside.
- Whisk egg white in large bowl.
- Add dried cranberries and nuts, stir.
- Add miniature pretzels.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar mix and gently fold until combined, careful not to crush the pretzels.
- Spread onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Watch carefully, oven temperatures vary and they aren't so good burnt!
- Remove from oven and stir, evenly distributing nuts and berries. Spread in a single layer to cool on parchment paper. Cool completely or they will be soft/soggy - they firm as they cool. Store in covered containers.