1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Bun Popcorn
The Hen Basket's Note:
You will amazed how much this popcorn tastes like a Cinnamon Roll. So addicting and a hit at any gathering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernels or 2 bags of microwave popcorn)
- 1 cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup real butter (= 1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 pieces white almond bark or 2 pieces white chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2Pop your popcorn according to directions. Be sure and check for any UN-popped kernels, those are the WORST to bite into unexpectedly.
- 3Place popcorn and chopped pecans in a large bowl and set aside.
- 4Combine brown sugar and cinnamon, butter and karo in a medium sized pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to rolling boil. Remove from heat and add your vanilla and baking soda. The baking soda will make your caramel mixture foam up and rise, don't be alarmed, it's suppose to (this is why you need to use a tall sided pot if you have one).
- 5Pour your caramel mixture over your popcorn and pecans and stir well.
- 6Spread popcorn mixture onto a foil-lined cookie sheet. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool down. Break into bite size pieces. Store in an air tight container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Bun Popcorn
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 130.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white almond bark