This is made in a cast iron skillet using a pizza dough. The recipe was published in Everyday With Rachael Ray magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Dough
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
For the Filling
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dried currant
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
For the Drizzle
- 1For the dough:.
- 2In a small bowl, stir together the lukewarm water, yeast and sugar. Let stand until foamy about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Using a standing mixer with the dough hook attachment, mix the flour and salt at low speed. Mix the yeast mixture along with the olive oil. And let the mixer run at medium speed for about 6 minutes or until dough is smooth.
- 4Transfer the dough to a greased large mixing bowl, turning to coat; cover with plastic wrap and let rise for until doubled about 45 to 60 minutes. Punch down dough before using.
- 5Turn the pizza dough onto a work surface; cut off and reserve one quarter of the dough then halve the remaining dough. Press one half evenly into a greased 9 to 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- 6For the Filling:.
- 7In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp salt; toss with the pecans and currants. Sprinkle half of the nut mixture on the dough in the pan leaving a 1/2 inch border ; dot with 1 1/2 tbsp butter.
- 8Shape the smaller piece of reserved dough into a 9 to 10 inch round and place on top of the filling. sprinkle withe remaining nut mixture and dot with another 1 1/2 tbsp butter.
- 9Shape the remaining dough into a 10 inch round and place on top pressing around the edge to seal the layers. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise until doubled about 25 minutes.
- 10Preheat the oven to 400°F, Melt the remaining 1 tbsp butter and brush over the top of the crust. In a small bowl combine the granulated sugar and the remaining 1/4 tsp cinnamon; sprinkle on top. Cut a few vents in the top of the crust and bake until golden about 25 minutes. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- 11Stir together the confectioners' sugar, milk and OJ and a pinch of salt, then drizzle on top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Bun Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.4
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 492.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g