Recipe by HeatherFeather
This is just like the sweet, gooey icing that comes inside tiny tins inside those tubes of refrigerated cinnamon bun doughs. By changing the extract flavor, you can make orange cinnamon buns, lemon cinnamon buns, whatever you like.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
HeatherFeather, Great Icing,I Diluted it a little and used it to dip my Home made doughnuts in.YUMMY!!! Tastes like Krispy Kreme Icing,(wish the doughnuts did). Thanks So much,Good Recipe. Darlene Summers
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79-44.37 ml half-and-half cream or 14.79 ml cream, approximately
- 0.25 ml salt, optional
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract or 4.92 ml lemon extract or 4.92 ml orange extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together sugar and enough cream to achieve a spreading consistency.
- Add extract flavor of your choice and salt (if desired- I omit).
- To use: Spread over warm biscuits or sweet bread still warm from the oven or drizzle over gingerbread cookies.
- This also makes a nice icing for quick breads like banana bread or zucchini bread.