1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Buckwheat Bread
2 hrs 49 mins
2 hrs 9 mins
Recipe source: Coyote Cafe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease two loaf pans (4 1/2 x 8 1/2).
- 2Sprinkle yeast over the warm water and let sit for 10 minutes or until bubbling and set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl combine dry milk, sugar, buckwheat and 5 1/4 cups flour, cinnamon and salt.
- 4Stir in yeast mixture and then beat until dough is silky, adding more flour if necessary (by hand 8-10 minutes).
- 5Grease a large bowl with corn oil.
- 6Place dough in greased bowl, turning to cover all sides and then cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise in a warm place (30 minutes) or until doubled.
- 7Punch dough down and let rise again for 30 minutes.
- 8Divide dough in half and form into logs.
- 9Place dough in prepared pans, brushing with beaten egg whites.
- 10Let dough rise again (30 minutes).
- 11Make two diagonal cuts in top of each loaf and then sprinkle loaves with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- 12Bake in preheated 400-degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 13Turn loafs onto cooling rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Buckwheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1775.0
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 3105.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 353.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.2 g
- Sugars 80.5 g
- Protein 55.7 g