Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Betty Crocker Most Requested Recipes book.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons water
- Heat oven to 375. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 x 5" loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl mix 2 T sugar and the cinnamon; set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick, milk, 1/3 c sugar, 3 T softened butter, vanilla and egg until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 1" balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Place dough randomly in pan. Sprinkle with any remainng cinnamon sugar; drizzle 2 T melted butter over dough balls.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand in pan 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix glaze ingredients in small bowl, until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- Remove loaf from pan to cooling rack. Drizzle glaze over loaf. Cut into slices.
SOOO delicious, and very quick and easy to make. My husband and I loved this!!!!!
This recipe was disappointing. We followed the recipe exactly. We cooked it for the correct amount of time and the top was dry while the inside was undercooked. Plus, it tastes a lot like Bisquick (and leaves the Bisquick flavor in your mouth afterward too!).
How fun to make this loaf!! I loved the flavors and even added a bit more cinnamon to the batter and also a 1/2 tsp of nutmeg. Big hit for our family! I did cut down a bit on the melted butter but everything turned out lovely in 25 minutes. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2008.