Recipe by Katzen
Warm cinnamon enhances the chocolate flavor in this lightened version of a brownie – a perfect lunchbox surprise. From McCormick. Nov 26/09 - changed the cinnamon from 4 tsp to 2tsp per Deantini's suggestion - if you're a real cinnamon lover, you may wish to add more than 2 tsp.
Top Review by Food.Is.Good
These are absolutely wonderful! The first time I made these I left out the cinnamon and iced them with mocha icing (they really don't need icing though!). They are pretty dense, but I loved it because it was like a good brownie. They are great with the cinnamon too.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Mix flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix sugar, applesauce, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Gradually stir in flour mixture until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each of 15 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.