Recipe by LoriLamb
These delicious Saturday morning treat are our kid's favorite. Fresh pancakes, hot off the griddle, topped with my buttery brown sugar cinnamon topping and served with cold milk. Great breakfasts are one good way I've found to keep my teenagers home!
Top Review by logemon1
The topping was pretty good, but be prepared for very sugary pancakes! I had a lot of topping/spread left over; you might be fine just making half of what it calls for. Overall, we liked them and they had a cinnamon-roll taste, which was delicious! Next time though, we might just make these for dessert instead of breakfast.
- 2 cups krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup Smart Balance butter spread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil on griddle.
- Mix pancake mix and water.
- Pour prepared mix onto hot oiled griddle in 4" size pancakes.
- Outside of pancake should sizzle. Flip when top has begun to bubble and underside is golden.
- Have your kids help you with this one-.
- Soften 1 stick of butter.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread on hot pancakes.
- Enjoy with bacon, eggs, cold milk and coffee.