An old recipe that I just stumbled over again. Tastes great on homemade biscuits. With some grits and eggs and you have a real "southern" breakfast treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2Pare apples and chop into bite sized pieces.
- 3Put in a 4 C measure and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar as you add the apples.
- 4When you have 4 cups, put apples, water and butter into a saucepan.
- 5Cover and cook over low to medium heat, stirring once or twice, for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Breakfast Apples
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.7
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 84.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 72.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g