Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is easy because it starts with cinnamon-swirl bread, reducing the need to add other flavorings. They are delicious, easy to make, and fun because they're baked in muffin cups to create individual servings. I wrap leftovers individually in foil, pop in a freezer bag and freeze for bread pudding anytime I want! Two "puddings" take exactly 70 seconds to reheat from frozen, at least in my microwave. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
- 1 1⁄3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb loaf cinnamon-swirl bread, cut into one-inch cubes (I use Pepperidge Farm)
- 2⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping (more or less to taste)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide bread mixture evenly among 11-12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with syrup.
- NOTE: My knife has never come out completely clean, and the puddings tasted good to me! We also serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Automatic 5 stars. DD, DH and I all loved these. They were wonderful. I served them with low-fat vanilla ice cream. I used cinnamon raisin bread, and egg beaters. So easy. I only let it sit about 15 mins and they puffed up so nicely in the oven.