Recipe by ~jb4~
I had this some time ago and hadn't had it in years. I came across it in my cookbook and thought I would post it here. My SIL's aunt made this for her baby shower and it was absolutely delicious. I hope you enjoy it as well. Bev's Cinnamon Sunrise Bread is the one that I used this last time and it came out amazing.
Top Review by DuChick
Oh delish! I made this for Christmas Day breakfast and it was well received. Since there were only 4 of us eating, I put half the mixture into freezer/oven proof dish to enjoy again later. Using low-fat cream cheese and skim milk, it was still so tempting to keep nibbling. Very souffle-like and enjoyable! Next time, I'll add some raisins to at least half. Thanks jb4!
- 1 loaf cinnamon-swirl bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 1 dozen egg, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- cinnamon, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cube the bread and mix that with the cubed cream cheese.
- Layer half of this into a 13x9 inch baking dish or 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix together the milk and syrup with the eggs and pour half of this mixture over the bread and cheese.
- Add remaining bread and cheese and pour remaining egg mixture over the top.
- Dust with cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with extra syrup.