Recipe by Cynna
A refreshing and surprisingly complimentary addition to the regular ole blueberry pancakes. I love experimenting in the kitchen and I came up with this. Delicious!! You can mix the dry parts of the recipe and store in the freezer in a freezer bag and it's ready to go at a moments notice. Handy! Recipe can be doubled for extra hotcakes.
Top Review by PaulaG
We really enjoyed these this morning for brunch. I liked the addition of the cinnamon to the batter. I used about half the butter called for in the recipe and whole wheat pastry flour for the flour which I am sure resulted in a somewhat darker product. They were served topped with Recipe #62315. These are going into my Then There Were 2 cookbook for quick reference.
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup wild blueberries, frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Combine egg, milk, vanilla, and melted butter and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Add frozen blueberries and stir gently to coat.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently until just combined.
- Allow mixture to stand for ten minutes before cooking.
- Heat a heavy griddle or fry pan which is greased with a little butter.
- Pour a 1/4 cup of batter into pan and tip to spread.
- When bubbles appear on surface and begin to break, turn over and cook the other side.
- Butter and place on foil in oven to keep warm until you're ready to serve them up. This keeps them nice and hot.