Recipe by Marz
I just tried these muffins and they were great! Low in fat and high in taste is just my thing! I skipped the last step, and just sprinkled sugar on top of the muffins before baking. Decided to check out the Cream of Wheat website (that is where this recipe came from) after trying Maito's Blueberry farina muffins. These are somewhat alike!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cream of wheat (1-min., 2-1/2-min. or 10-min. cook time)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, cereal, 1/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg, milk, oil and vanilla with wire whisk until well blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon evenly into 12 greased 2-1/2-inch muffin pans, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from pan.
- Brush tops of warm muffins with apple juice; roll in remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Serve warm.