1 hr 20 mins
I triple this recipe, individually wrap the blintzes in waxed paper, and store them in the freezer. Defrost 2-3 for a great, special breakfast (or anytime of day!). You can microwave them, but they are best when cooked in a pan with some butter until they are golden brown. A little prep work now yields a rewarding meal later! Crepe recipe from Joy of Cooking... The amount of filling depends on how big your pan was and how many crepes broke during the process (one of my favorite childhood memories was hoping my mom broke a lot!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups 1% fat cottage cheese (or as much as needed to fill all crepes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 1Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and powdered sugar.
- 2In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the milk, water, and vanilla.
- 3Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients. Stir until combined. Ignore the lumps- they will take care of themselves.
- 4Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- 5Stir out any remaining lumps.
- 6Spray a 5-7 inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat (but not so that crepe will brown) Pour in a thin layer of batter until the bottom of the skillet is covered. When crepe stars to bubble, use fingers to flip over. Cook for another minute or so then cool on a clean dish towel.
- 7Store cooled crepes between 6x6-inch squares of waxed paper.
- 8Mix cottage cheese, cinnamon, and sugar to taste.
- 9Fill crepes. Roll up, folding in the edges (like a burrito). Wrap in wax paper. Freeze.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Blintzes to Freeze
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.6 mg
- Sodium 446.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 10.0 g