Recipe by l0vetw0c00k
An easy, make ahead and freeze sweet hors d'oeurve for a buffet table or quick sweet snack. Good for brunch or coffee break too.
Top Review by Chopsy
This is an easy recipe. I would suggest using Philly Cream Cheese, as it is less "watery" than store brands. I deviated in not dipping the entire blintze in the brown sugar mixture.I chose to sprinkle it on top to avoid the sugar burning. I suppose I could have avoided this by melting butter in the bottom of the pan. I also sprinkled w/ cinnamon/sugar mix. After they were done, I topped w/ cherry pie filling. CC
- 2 loaves fresh thin-sliced white bread
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, mixed with
- 2 -3 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim bread crusts and, using a rolling pin, flatten crustless bread slices.
- Cream together cream cheese, egg yolks, white sugar.
- Spread cream cheese mixture thinly on bread.
- Roll up.
- Dip each roll in melted margarine, then in brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Freeze on cookie sheet.
- Store in ziploc bags.
- To bake, take desired number of blintzes from freezer.
- Do not thaw.
- Put on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes.