Prep 25 mins
Cook 18 mins
I had these for the first time at my sister-in-law's when I was staying with them as a teen. They are now a much loved tradition in my home too. Any time it snows, the kids beg me to make them. I've changed them just a bit by adding the nuts but they are good with or without them. For an Orange Cinnamon variation see Orange Cinnamon Biscuits.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 177.44 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml butter, melted (or very soft)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- chopped pecans (optional)
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79-29.58 ml milk
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening.
- Add milk and 1 tsp. vanilla; stir with fork just until dough leaves sides of bowl.
- Roll dough out, on lightly floured surface, into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- Brush top with butter (I prefer to use soft butter rather than melted).
- Combine cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans (or other nuts or raisins) if desired.
- Roll up, starting on long side.
- Cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Place rounds, with sides just touching, in greased 9" round pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with glaze, serve warm.
- For glaze: Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
So easy and so good!. I put mine in an 8 inch round pan and they came out fine. I sprinkled with them with some raisins before rolling up and they tasted a lot like Hardees old Cinnamon Raisin Bisctuis, but a lot less work! Thanks!
I made these for breakfast for my family and then brought the extras to the neighbours. Everyone raved about them. My neighbour thought it was an "heirloom" recipe!! So easy to make. I did add extra flour to make my dough not so sticky. Definitely a keeper!
We loved them! I made them the night before and reheated them the next morning and they were excellent. I actually doubled the recipe because I just knew they were going to be delicious. So glad I did! I followed the recipe as written and we have now found our new Cinnamon Biscuit/Roll recipe! Thanks, Marg!!!