Mum used to make us these biscuits alot, it's very nice and my kids love it the same way i do...
Make and share this Cinnamon Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- mix the butter + icing sugar with the whisk till you get creamy pale mixture.
- add the eggs and go on whisking till they blend well.
- sift the flour +baking powder +salt+cinnamon.
- add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix with your hands till you have a homogenous dough.
- spread the dough between two plastic sheets or baking sheets, and put that spreaded dough as it is -between the sheets- on a tray in the freezer for 10-15 min.
- heat the oven on 190 C or moderate.
- with your favourable cutter cut the shapes you want from the dough -notice how easy the quiet chilled dough will help in this step-.
- put your biscuits on a tray lightly spayed with oil, or use baking sheet
- make holes in half the number of the biscuits using suitable size cutter.
- put in the oven it will take 10-12 min just till the buttom has light golden color.
- cool on a wire rack.
- sprinkle the pieces with holes with icing sugar.
- put small amount of jam -goes best with apricot- on each whole piece.
- put the biscuits with holes on top of those with jam.