1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Biscuits
Chef lamiaa's Note:
Mum used to make us these biscuits alot, it's very nice and my kids love it the same way i do...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1mix the butter + icing sugar with the whisk till you get creamy pale mixture.
- 2add the eggs and go on whisking till they blend well.
- 3sift the flour +baking powder +salt+cinnamon.
- 4add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix with your hands till you have a homogenous dough.
- 5spread the dough between two plastic sheets or baking sheets, and put that spreaded dough as it is -between the sheets- on a tray in the freezer for 10-15 min.
- 6heat the oven on 190 C or moderate.
- 7with your favourable cutter cut the shapes you want from the dough -notice how easy the quiet chilled dough will help in this step-.
- 8put your biscuits on a tray lightly spayed with oil, or use baking sheet
- 9make holes in half the number of the biscuits using suitable size cutter.
- 10put in the oven it will take 10-12 min just till the buttom has light golden color.
- 11cool on a wire rack.
- 12sprinkle the pieces with holes with icing sugar.
- 13put small amount of jam -goes best with apricot- on each whole piece.
- 14put the biscuits with holes on top of those with jam.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (882 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.4
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 60.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g