Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very simple way to turn refrigerated biscuits into a doughnut like dessert. I am surprised that this hasn't been posted yet.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. (Sam's brand directions are to bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl for 30-40 seconds. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a separate shallow bowl.
- As soon as the biscuits come out of the oven, roll them in the butter, and then immediately in the cinnamon sugar. (You may need to use tongs, or I guess you could let them cool slightly).
- Enjoy them warm.
- I seldom make these, so I like to take the leftover cinnamon sugar and mix it into the remaining butter to spread on toast. It is hard to roll the biscuits if you use any less, but I suppose you could cut it down to 1/4 cup each of the sugar and margarine if you'd rather not have any left over.
These tasted wonderful, but are very hot to try rolling right out of the oven. I dug out my pastry brush to apply the butter to finish the job. That seemed to apply a more even coating also. We liked the flavor of the biscuits. This morning I popped the leftovers into the toaster oven. They came out with a crunchy coating reminding me of cinnamon toast. Yum. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring '08 Pick A Chef.