Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. I was craving something decadent but not overly sweet for breakfast. I came up with this quick and easy recipe, using what I had on hand. These mini cinnamon waffles are so simple, yet so divine!
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 large ripe peaches
- 2 (10 count) cans refrigerated biscuits (10 count)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (1 T. for peaches, 3 T. for waffles)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 pieces Reynolds Wrap Foil (12-inchX10-inch)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Using a hand mixer, mix together cream cheese, ricotta cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add in vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest, mix until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Wash peaches, cut in half and remove stones.
- Place foil pieces onto baking sheet. Set two peach halves, skin side down on each piece of foil.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of melted butter and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Brush or spoon honey butter mixture over each peach half.
- Fold the foil up and over the peach halves, making pouches. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until soft.
- Preheat non-stick waffle iron.
- Pour remaining 3 tablespoons of butter on a small plate.
- In a small bowl, mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Open both cans of refrigerator biscuits. Separate each biscuit. Using the palms of your hands, pat each biscuit lightly, forming a small disk.
- Dip each disk in melted butter, then in cinnamon sugar and place on a plate until all disks have been coated.
- Place coated disks on heated waffle iron (there should be enough room to cook 4 disks). Cook until done, about 3 minutes per batch.
- Place cooked waffles on a plate, covering with foil to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Remove baked peaches from the oven. Open foil packets to cool slightly. Remove cream cheese mixture from the refrigerator.
- To serve, place 5 waffles on each plate. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into the center of each peach half. Carefully flip peach half on top of each waffle serving. Drizzle the top of peaches and waffles with the remaining honey butter from the packet and serve warm. Enjoy!
WOW! This was an out of this world breakfast! Perfect for a Sunday morning.I really impressed my family with this one. I was looking for a recipe to use up some ricotta cheese we had on hand. This was easy and turned out so much better than I had expected, I'll be making these again.Thanks!