1/4 Photos of Cinnamon Biscuit Rolls
Just as good as regular cinnamon rolls, but without the hassle of creating a yeast dough first! Uses a mouthwatering homemade biscuit dough as your cinnamon roll base. There's lots of gooey filling, and a scrumptious vanilla glaze for on top. This is now one of my favorite recipes! I'm going to make it the next time I have friends over. I can't wait to hear what some other Zaar'ers think! I found a recipe similar to this one at allrecipes.com, but I've changed it. Enjoy a delicious treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 -4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- enough cold milk, to make a glaze
- 4 -5 drops vanilla
- 1Generously grease an 8x11 or 9x13 inch baking pan with butter.
- 2Cream 1/3 cup butter or margarine with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Cut in 1/4 cup butter or margarine until crumbly.
- 5Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- 6Add cold milk all at once.
- 7Stir to form a soft dough.
- 8Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board.
- 9Knead 8 times- do NOT overknead!
- 10(This will make the biscuit dough tough.) Roll dough into rectangle about 12 inches long and 6 inches wide.
- 11Spread the cinnamon, sugar and butter mixture over the entire surface of the dough.
- 12Roll up as you would a jelly roll.
- 13Mark, and then cut 12 slices with a serrated knife.
- 14Place in greased pan.
- 15Rolls will touch slightly.
- 16Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- 17Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- 18(Line underneath the rack with paper towels to catch the gooey drippings).
- 19Combine the confectioners' sugar with the vanilla, and then add enough milk to make a thin glaze.
- 20Drizzle this over the rolls while still warm.
- 21Eat with a cup of tea or coffee and expect rave reviews from friends and family!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Biscuit Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1025 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 409.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g