1/3 Photos of Cinnamon Biscuit Rolls
Very good cinnamon rolls made with biscuit dough with a hint of yeast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
Filling for cinnamon rolls
- 1Dissolve yeast, 1/4 cup warm water, 1/2 tsp sugar in a small measuring cup, let sit for 10 minutes.
- 2In food processor mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1/2 cup butter. Pulse until a fine crumb forms.
- 3Transfer to mixing bowl, add yeast mixture and buttermilk.
- 4Mix just until form a ball, turn out onto a floured surface. Knead 8 times, do not over knead or dough will be tough.
- 5On a lightly floured board. Roll into a 18x6 inch rectangle.
- 6Spread with softened butter sprinkle brown sugar over surface then sprinkle with cinnamon (if using the ground pecans, top next).
- 7Roll up like you would a jelly roll, cut into 12 equal parts.
- 8Place rolls into a muffin cup baking pan lined with paper cups.
- 9Bake at 400°F for 15-18 minutes.
- 10Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Biscuit Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.1
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 316.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g