Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
It passed the youth group taste test with flying colors (there was none left over), and even pleased my thirteen year old sister...whoa...that's impressive.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup honey (depending how sweet you want it)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 bananas, peeled and mashed (hand mashing is best)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup crunchy cereal (like granola or grape nuts)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Put egg and applesauce into large mixing bowl.
- Mix with a spoon.
- Add honey, and vanilla.
- Add bananas, flour, baking powder, and water.
- Mix well.
- Add cereal.
- Pour into 11 by 7 glass baking dish, lightly sprayed.
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake in oven at 325 for 25-30 minutes.
- Check with knife, it should come out almost clean, but be slightly warm and gooey inside.
- If not done then check every 3 or so minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Freezes superbly.
This was an excellent recipe! I used almond flour and didn't see much of a difference. It was slightly moist but I think that was because I tried to divide it into two cake pans b/c I was going more for a 'birhtday cake'. It works better in one pan. It comes out more like banana nut breat, but alot sweeter. You don't need any kind of topping!