Recipe by Apple Girl
It passed the youth group taste test with flying colors (there was none left over), and even pleased my thirteen year old sister...whoa...that's impressive.
Top Review by .:.Mamma Meshele.:.
This was an excellent recipe! I used almond flour and didn't see much of a difference. It was slightly moist but I think that was because I tried to divide it into two cake pans b/c I was going more for a 'birhtday cake'. It works better in one pan. It comes out more like banana nut breat, but alot sweeter. You don't need any kind of topping!
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup honey (depending how sweet you want it)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 bananas, peeled and mashed (hand mashing is best)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup crunchy cereal (like granola or grape nuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Put egg and applesauce into large mixing bowl.
- Mix with a spoon.
- Add honey, and vanilla.
- Add bananas, flour, baking powder, and water.
- Mix well.
- Add cereal.
- Pour into 11 by 7 glass baking dish, lightly sprayed.
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake in oven at 325 for 25-30 minutes.
- Check with knife, it should come out almost clean, but be slightly warm and gooey inside.
- If not done then check every 3 or so minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Freezes superbly.