Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 large bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in mashed banana.
- Sift dry ingredients together; stir into banana mixture, add nuts.
- Pour into greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into loaf comes out clean.
- While cake is warm, pour melted butter over top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
This is a nice, flavorful banana quick bread. The cinnamon-sugar mixture adds great flavor to an already tasty recipe. I also added a couple of shakes of the cinnamon-sugar mixture to the batter and thought it nicely complimented the topping. Thanks for a new way to spice banana bread.
This banana bread was yummy, moist and flavorful! I added a little bit of vanilla and some cinnamon to the mixture. The topping was a great addition. Thanks for the recipe, this one will go in my permanent collection.