Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
A light and flaky cookie made with ground almonds and cinnamon and rolled in confectioner's sugar. I haven't made these yet, but thought they sounded interesting. Found on the Pogo game site.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the almonds, sugar and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until they begin to stiffen.
- Fold whisked egg whites into the dry mixture until the combination is fairly firm.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into pecan-sized balls and place these onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and use a metal spatula to separate the balls from the baking sheet before they cool too much.
- Once the cinnamon balls are completely cooled, gently roll each ball in confectioner's sugar until it is completely coated in sugar.