Recipe by mersaydees
A side dish based on a recipe from Joan Bestwick’s book, Life’s Little Rhubarb Cookbook. Cinnamon is a power spice for great health.
- 4 cups rhubarb, diced and divided in thirds (for 3 layers)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cinnamon sticks, divided
- 6 cloves, divided
- 1 orange, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a baking dish and add the first layer of rhubarb. Cover with ½ of the sugar, then half of the unpeeled orange slices, one stick of cinnamon and 3 cloves.
- Repeat with 2nd layer; layer the remaining 1/3 of rhubarb. All ingredients should be used.
- Place in oven and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until tender.