Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Quick and easy baked apples are an old-fashioned comfort food. They can be made in the microwave, or baked in the oven. I often make them a little less sweet by using brown rice syrup instead of the honey. Maple syrup is a good alternative as well.
- 2 cooking apples
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Core the apples and pare a 1-inch strip of skin from around the middle of each to prevent splitting.
- Place the apples in two 10-oz custard cups.
- Pack the raisins into the apples.
- Mix the honey and cinnamon, pour over the raisins and into the apples.
- Top with butter.
- Cover tightly and microwave on high (100%) until tender when pierced with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes. If you prefer, they can also be baked at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with cream, if desired.
Delicious, and easy to make. I didn't have any rum or any time to soak the raisins. I just poured a little boiling water on them . Turned out great. Thank you for posting.
Nice recipe. Instead of honey used brown sugar.
Delicious! I have been craving baked apples. My husband had never had them. I didn't have raisins or rum, so just used dates. Didn't have ice cream either, but used fresh cream :)