Recipe by Jenny Sanders
Quick and easy baked apples are an old-fashioned comfort food. They can be made in the microwave, or baked in the oven. I often make them a little less sweet by using brown rice syrup instead of the honey. Maple syrup is a good alternative as well.
- 2 cooking apples
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Core the apples and pare a 1-inch strip of skin from around the middle of each to prevent splitting.
- Place the apples in two 10-oz custard cups.
- Pack the raisins into the apples.
- Mix the honey and cinnamon, pour over the raisins and into the apples.
- Top with butter.
- Cover tightly and microwave on high (100%) until tender when pierced with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes. If you prefer, they can also be baked at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with cream, if desired.