Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Golden Delicious apples are best for this.
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, plus 1 tblsp extra
- 40 g rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 egg, large
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Spread almonds on baking tray, toast for 10 minutes till golden.
- Scatter the extra 1 tblsp of sugar over a baking tray and set aside.
- Combine remaining sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts in a food processor.
- Whiz till fine and transfer to a deep plate.
- Beat egg and milk together and dip apples in this mixture.
- Allow excess to drip off and dip in oatmeal mixture.
- Arrange on prepared baking tray, bake for 25 minutes till apple is soft and coating is crunchy.
- Serve with cream.
What a super switch up on the standard crisp. We enjoyed this after dinner tonight drizzled with some caramel sauce and forks. Delicious :D
I scaled this back for 1 serve but would have liked to have tasted the spices more otherwise each piece of apple sort of reminded me of an individual apple crumble, I served with some warm custard which made it pure comfort food on a cold winters night. Thank you katew, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 11.
Aussie Swap 39: Delicious and simple! Perfect dessert - served with vanilla ice cream!