- 4 large apples (Golden Delicious, Idared, Jonathan, Roman Beauty)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon honey (local, wildflower)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup white raisins
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel apples & core ¾ of the way down. Place apples 8” square greased baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins & pecans. Spoon 1/4 of mixture into hollow core of each apple. Top each apple with 1 t margarine.
- Bring apple juice or cider to boil; stir in lemon juice, & pour into baking dish.
- Cover dish and bake 25-35 minutes, basting occasionally with juice.
- Serve warm.