Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great for a snack or lower fat dessert. And try it over pancakes, waffles, or french toast!
- 4 -5 granny smith apples, cored, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons light margarine, frozen & broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375FMix together all ingredients except margarine.
- Spray 8x8" glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour apple mixture in baking dish & sprinkle frozen margarine pieces over it. Cover with foil.
- Cook 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.
- Stir once more and cook 5 more minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Outstanding flavour! I used McIntosh apples-all I had, but they worked well. I love the combination of cinnamon and nutmeg. I served this warmed over caramel pecan crunch ice-cream. So delicious!