Recipe by Boyz 5
After seeing this in the local newspaper, I just couldn't wait to share this with everyone.
- 6 large day-old cinnamon bagels
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice bagels in half, then into 3/4-inch pieces.
- In a very large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar,spice,vanilla and salt.
- Add bagel pieces.
- Drape surface with plastic wrap; place a dinner plate on top and weigh down with a heavy can.
- Let bagels soak for 40 minutes until saturated.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Transfer pudding mixture to a large baking dish and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until firm in the centre,60-70 minutes, testing to see if it is done with a cake tester.
- Serve warm with ice-cream or whipped cream.