Recipe by Charmie777
------Decadent combination of cinnamon rolls and puff pastry!! This makes the house smell wonderful and the taste is even better!! You can easily halve the recipe, but why would you??!!------
Top Review by PanNan
The concept is very appealing. The house did smell wonderful, and the taste of the apricots and cinnamon was real nice. However, this recipe needs more tweaking. There was way too much butter mixture for this to work for me. While baking, the pastry on the bottom fried in all the extra butter fat that drained out, which made the rolls real greasy and the bottom crust fried crispy/hard. There was a pool of melted butter left in the pan when I removed the swirls after baking. I would recommend cutting the butter mixture at least in half.
- 17 1⁄3 ounces puff pastry sheets (1 box)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost puff pastry according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400º.
- Place apricots in a bowl and pour enough boiling water over to cover. Let sit for 10 minutes; drain well and chop into very small pieces.
- In another bowl combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out one sheet of puff pastry to seal creases.
- Spread half of the butter mixture over pastry almost to the edges. Sprinkle half of the chopped apricots on top.
- From one edge, tightly roll up the pastry into a long log. Seal the edge using a little water.
- Slice the log into 8 spirals and place cut side up on foil or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 15 minutes to firm up the butter. Repeat with remaining ingredients (except white chocolate and shortening).
- Bake at 400º for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Place white chocolate chips and shortening in small zip-lock baggie. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Knead bag to combine.
- Cut a small slit in corner of bag and drizzle white chocolate over the swirls.
- Sprinkle with toasted almond slices, if desired.