Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These pancakes use applesauce for a moister pancake. The recipe doesn't use eggs or milk, due to my daughter's food allergies. It also makes great waffles.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients, then add remaining ingredients and beat together.
- Pour the batter onto a hot, lightly oiled griddle or skillet. Cook until pancakes have a bubbly surface and slightly dry edges (2-3 minutes). Turn pancakes. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Note: For waffles, add 3 TBSP oil to the batter.
Very tasty! Bearing in mind comments of others and a look at a different recipe, I used (1) milk instead of water - and a half cup less than called for, (2) nutmeg and a little extra cinnamon, (3) half a cup more applesauce (and chunky instead of regular), and (4)
The flavour was good, but I found these pancakes really gooey on the inside, even though they were cooked all the way through. I really didn't like the texture of them. I probably wouldn't make these again.
I thought these were awful. They tasted like glue. My kids thought they were terrible. Definitely missed the milk, eggs & oil. Would not make these again.