Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These pancakes use applesauce for a moister pancake. The recipe doesn't use eggs or milk, due to my daughter's food allergies. It also makes great waffles.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients, then add remaining ingredients and beat together.
- Pour the batter onto a hot, lightly oiled griddle or skillet. Cook until pancakes have a bubbly surface and slightly dry edges (2-3 minutes). Turn pancakes. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Note: For waffles, add 3 TBSP oil to the batter.
Very tasty! Bearing in mind comments of others and a look at a different recipe, I used (1) milk instead of water - and a half cup less than called for, (2) nutmeg and a little extra cinnamon, (3) half a cup more applesauce (and chunky instead of regular), and (4)
I was looking for a recipe that didn't have any milk or eggs or butter. I tried this recipe and I think it was a little bitter. Maybe it calls for too much baking powder.
My 10 month old loves them. Used regular organic applesauce as she is ige to cinnamon and left out the vanilla cause we haven't trailed that yet. Still tasted great! Thanks!!!!