Recipe by renespencer
These pancakes use applesauce for a moister pancake. The recipe doesn't use eggs or milk, due to my daughter's food allergies. It also makes great waffles.
Top Review by Jurisrachel
Very tasty! Bearing in mind comments of others and a look at a different recipe, I used (1) milk instead of water - and a half cup less than called for, (2) nutmeg and a little extra cinnamon, (3) half a cup more applesauce (and chunky instead of regular), and (4)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients, then add remaining ingredients and beat together.
- Pour the batter onto a hot, lightly oiled griddle or skillet. Cook until pancakes have a bubbly surface and slightly dry edges (2-3 minutes). Turn pancakes. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Note: For waffles, add 3 TBSP oil to the batter.