Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was looking for cool summer salad and found this one on the internet. This turned out really good although next time I may use Cool Whip instead of the cream cheese, since my hubby is not a big fan of cream cheese. The red hots give it a good taste, not at all hot just a good cinnamon flavor.
- Dissolve 1/2 cup red cinnamon candies in 1 cup boiling water until all the red is off, leaving little white candies.
- Dissolve Jello with 2 cups boiling water. Mix together red liquid ONLY with Jello. Stir in applesauce.
- Chill until partially set. Add walnuts. Mix softened cream cheese, milk, mayonnaise and spoon onto top.
- Swirl through salad to marble.
- Chill to firm. Use a 9x13 inch pan.