Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is supposed to be "Cinnamon-Applesauce Salad," but it is weird calling it a salad! The recipe also suggests a garnish of cream cheese balls rolled in chopped nuts. Also, for 12 servings, double amounts and pour into a 6-cup mold or into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup red cinnamon candies
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- Heat cinnamon candies and water, stirring frequently, until candies are melted.
- Pour on gelatin in bowl, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in applesauce.
- Pour into 3 or 4 cup mold or into baking pan, 8 x 8 x 2 inches.
- Chill until firm.