This is a healthier cookie but is still delicious! From one of my favourite cookbooks, "One Smart Cookie", by Julie Van Rosendaal. Dough needs an hour to chill before rolling out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat margarine, brown sugar, applesauce and egg until smooth.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to the applesauce mixture, stirring by hand just until you have a soft dough. Divide the dough in half, wrap each half in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour or until well chilled.
- 3When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll dough 1/8 inch thick between two sheets of waxed paper. Cut with a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter or glass rim, and place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick spray.
- 4Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until edges are golden. Bake 5 minutes longer for darker golden, crispier cookies. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Applesauce Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (746 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.5
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 67.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g