Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Grab a piece of fruit and a piece of this tasty bread and you have a low fat breakfast. Somtimes I will also spread low-fat cream cheese on top!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk or 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups bran flakes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
- Beat egg in small bowl; stir in applesauce, sugar, milk and oil.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- (Batter will be lumpy).
- Stir in cereal.
- Pour into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, which has been sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
This is great!! We served it with cream cheese and raisins. The kids really liked it too. Thanks for sharing!!
I just made this again, today (still baking as I write this), and taking it on vacation with us for a quick breakfast while away; and also I made this for Christmas gifts as well. Everyone is so please to get it too. Not sweet, a good breakfast, fast snack, wonderful. This time I added that Oatmeal crisp cereal!
I had some bran flakes to use up so gave this a go..makes a nice moist cake/bread and was much enjoyed, miss 5 year old loved it so great for the lunchboxes.