Recipe by tazdevilfan
These treats are light and delicious as an afternoon middle of the day snack.
Top Review by WI Cheddarhead
Being a diabetic I used Splenda instead of sugar. Really don't think that made a difference but these bars seemed to be lacking something, perhaps more spices. They also seemed kinda dry, I baked them for 20 minutes instead of the 30 to 35, my oven stated 350Â° with a thermometer. I doubt whether I will make these again. Sorry.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Suft together flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Blend mixture and stir in the applesauce with raisins.
- Spread in a prepared 13 by 19-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool on rack or serve warm with cream.