Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have been making this sauce for over 10 years and it is thoroughly enjoyed by all and especially most children. I am not certain where this recipe originated, but I have experimented with it and came up with this tasty sauce.
- In a small saucepan, add 1 cup water and cinnamon candies; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes or until candies are dissolved.
- In a large saucepan or cooking pot, add apples and the dissolved candy mixture along with the additional 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook until apples are soft; mash apples.
- Now add 1 cup sugar, hot-tamale jelly beans and continue to simmer until most of the tamale beans are dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Some of the jelly beans will not be dissolved and this is okay, they will be light in color.
- Serve hot or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with ice cream, whipping cream or whipped cream or serve as is.
- The apple sauce has a vary light touch of a cinnamon"spicy" taste.
- You may adjust to your taste by adding more cinnamon candies or using less.
- If you desire to have the sauce spicier, just add a few more cinnamon candies and a small amount of water to a small saucepan and dissolve.
- Add to applesauce and mix well.