Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe which I have enjoyed making over the years. We used a lot of yogurt in our home and nowadays it is the same.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 4 jonathan apples or 4 fuji apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups nonfat sugar-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup smucker's caramel topping, warm (or sugar-free topping)
- Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté apple 2 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar or Splenda brown sugar substitute and cinnamon.
- Add water & cinnamon stick, and cover skillet.
- Simmer 4-5 minutes, or until liquid is evaporated and apples are tender.
- Serve apples over vanilla frozen yogurt and drizzled with caramel topping.