Recipe by CindiJ
My mom & grandma made these as long as I can remember. With the apple bounty that is going on right now, I had to go in search of the instructions. Posting so I will never have to search that hard again! These are great as a snack, a side dish to any pork or chicken recipe. We have made with Splenda with great results as well.
- 4 -6 apples (peeled, cored and quartered)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red cinnamon candies (red hots)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and quarter the apples.
- In a saucepan, combine water, sugar (or splenda) and the red hots.
- Cook over medium heat and stir constantly until the red hots melt.
- Add the apple quarters and cook until the apples are tender.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to use.