My mom & grandma made these as long as I can remember. With the apple bounty that is going on right now, I had to go in search of the instructions. Posting so I will never have to search that hard again! These are great as a snack, a side dish to any pork or chicken recipe. We have made with Splenda with great results as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core and quarter the apples.
- 2In a saucepan, combine water, sugar (or splenda) and the red hots.
- 3Cook over medium heat and stir constantly until the red hots melt.
- 4Add the apple quarters and cook until the apples are tender.
- 5Store in the fridge until you are ready to use.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Apples
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 0.2 g