Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe makes a lovely plate of delicately spiced apples that are a rosy shade of pink. We have it with dinners and it provides a tasty compliment to roasted meats.
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 255.14 g bag red cinnamon candies
- 12 granny smith apples
- 236.59 ml water
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and red hots in a large pot. Add the cup water and bring to a boil.
- Peel and core apples, cut in half or thirds and cook in the boiling syrup.
- Arrange apples on a serving platter.
- Cook syrup a little longer to reduce the volume. Pour over apples and serve.
Great! Would be good over ice cream!
I love red hots and this was delicious! Even my DD couldn't get enough of these!! The smell as they were cooking reminded me of the fall. I will be making them again when the weather turns cooler!! Made for photo tag 08'. Thanks for posting CaliforniaJan!!