Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Finding this recipe @ Cooks.com was an accident, but I'm convinced it was fated. I orig went looking for Club Soda recipes. I don't buy it, but guests left me a nearly full 2 lt bottle & I do so hate wasting anything. Those who know me well know I'm very fond of wine coolers, already have 2 recipes entered for them & am also esp fond of using red cinnamon candies. I drink only 1 kind of tea - *Apple and Cinnamon Twist Tea* by London Fruit & Herb Co. I add approx 6-8 cinnamon candies for ea cup I brew & did that for this recipe. Altho not a part of the recipe, I liked it & you can choose for yourself whether to try it that way. :-) (Cooking time is the 5 min brew time & cooling time for the tea mixture is not included). *Enjoy* !
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 6 tea bags (Lipton Cinnamon Apple Herbal Tea was recommended as the brand)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 cup white wine (I use a Riesling)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- club soda (chilled)
- 6 -8 red cinnamon candies (Optional & Pls see intro note) (optional)
- Pour boiling water over Cinnamon Apple Herbal Tea bags, cover, brew 5 minutes & remove tea bags. Stir in sugar + cinnamon candies (if using) & allow to cool (Stir to completely dissolve candies, if using).
- In a pitcher, combine cooled tea mixture w/cold water, wine & lemon juice.
- Serve in ice-filled glasses w/a splash of Club soda & garnish as desired w/lemon slices.
This was nice but not really what I was expecting. I could still taste the tea & me not being a big tea fan would have liked the flavour masked a little more. I wish we had cinnamon candies here in Oz, I really think this would have made all the difference. Thanks Twiss.