Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from The Good Carb Cookbook.
Top Review by Ohenebaa
Quick and easy!!! The glaze isn't very sweet which was great for me but next time I'll add a little more sugar to please the kids. I served it over pancakes and added whipped cream.
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 -3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (4 medium)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 tablespoon of the apple juice and all the cornstarch in a small bowl, stir to mix, and set aside.
- Place the light brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a 2-quart pot, and stir to mix well. Add the remaining apple juice, and stir to mix well.
- Add the apples to the pot, and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and add it to the pot. Cook and stir for another minute or two or until thickened and bubbly. Serve warm over pancakes, french toast, or waffles, or use as a topping for ice cream.