Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from The Good Carb Cookbook.
Make and share this Cinnamon Apple Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 -3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (4 medium)
- Place 1 tablespoon of the apple juice and all the cornstarch in a small bowl, stir to mix, and set aside.
- Place the light brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a 2-quart pot, and stir to mix well. Add the remaining apple juice, and stir to mix well.
- Add the apples to the pot, and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and add it to the pot. Cook and stir for another minute or two or until thickened and bubbly. Serve warm over pancakes, french toast, or waffles, or use as a topping for ice cream.
Quick and easy!!! The glaze isn't very sweet which was great for me but next time I'll add a little more sugar to please the kids. I served it over pancakes and added whipped cream.
This topping is very versitile. I put it on top of cottage cheese. It would be a good side dish for pork also. Good directions.
Wow-weeeee! I bought Smuckers topping like this to go on dad's nightly light vanilla ice cream. He's an apple pie fan. It was on closeout and I can't find it anywhere. So, I chose this recipe and I'm sooooooooooo pleased that I did. Dad said, this is a LOT like the Smuckers. I was a bit bothered by that and after a few minutes (for drama's sake, I think), he said, "But 10x better!" <br/><br/>You posted the very best recipe, it seems! I doubled the recipe and used the lower amt. of brown sugar, because the ice cream is already sweet enough. I froze some in serving size and will look forward to seeing how it holds up. <br/><br/>Thank you sooooooo much!