Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Emporia Gazette news article for Fancy-Schmancy finger sandwiches.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 golden delicious apples
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Combine cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer about a minute or until smooth; set aside.
- Cut each bread slice into a 3-inch round, or if it’s large enough, two rounds at least 2 inches. Use a fruit glass to help.
- Core apples and cut into seven slices, and brush with orange juice.
- Spread about a tablespoon of cheese mixture onto each bread round; top with an apple slice.
- Sprinkle peanuts in center.