Recipe by Good Looking Cooking
This Recipe is from Marie Claire Flavours . This is a beautiful coffee cake, light with a crunchy apple topping, spiced with cinnamon. Serve with cream. Delish!
- 125 g butter
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 green apples, peeled cored and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Cream butter, sugar and cinnamon untill light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Fold the sour cream through and then sift the flour over the mixture.
- Fold through until combined.
- Spoon the cake mixture into a greased 23cm round springform pan.
- For the topping mix together the flour, demerara sugar, almond meal and cinnamon.
- Toss the apples in the mixture.
- Arrange the apples on top of the cake and sprinkle with any remaining topping.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the cake cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Slice into wedges and serve warm or cool with thick cream.