1 hr 15 mins
Good Looking Cooking's Note:
This Recipe is from Marie Claire Flavours . This is a beautiful coffee cake, light with a crunchy apple topping, spiced with cinnamon. Serve with cream. Delish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- 2Cream butter, sugar and cinnamon untill light and creamy.
- 3Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- 4Fold the sour cream through and then sift the flour over the mixture.
- 5Fold through until combined.
- 6Spoon the cake mixture into a greased 23cm round springform pan.
- 7For the topping mix together the flour, demerara sugar, almond meal and cinnamon.
- 8Toss the apples in the mixture.
- 9Arrange the apples on top of the cake and sprinkle with any remaining topping.
- 10Bake for 1 hour or until the cake cooked when tested with a skewer.
- 11Slice into wedges and serve warm or cool with thick cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Apple Sour Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.1
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.7 mg
- Sodium 118.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g