Recipe by allypal
"A fluffy pink gelatin salad with a slight cinnamon flavor and a little bit of crunch. It's been a family favorite for any holiday or celebration since I was a little girl!" .
- 1⁄4 cup red-hot candies (I get the box of 'movie' candy from the candy aisle or dollar store, but you can also get the expens)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin (I usually make it with sugar-free gelatin)
- 1 cup grated apple
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Red Hots and water in saucepan and boil until candies melt.
- Pour hot mixture over gelatin in mixing bowl. Stir well to dissolve the gelatin. Let mixture set until slightly thickened (about the consistency of raw egg whites).
- Beat thickened gelatin mixture with electric mixer until foamy.
- Add apple mixed with lemon juice, pecans (if using) and marshmallows.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving time. This can also be made as a molded salad, if you like.