Top Review by thurstondonnie
We went to a cookout and my wife made this to bring. It is so refreshing and delicious that we came home with an empty bowl! Really delicious and a great dish for the holidays too!
- 118.29 ml red-hot candies
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 85.04 g package lemon gelatin
- 236.59 ml applesauce
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise or 118.29 ml salad dressing
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- 59.14 ml celery, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, dissolve candies in water (keep warm until melted). Add gelatin and stir to dissolve. Stir in the applesauce and pour half into an 9" square pan that has been lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cover and set remaining gelatin mixture aside at room temperature. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients and spread over chilled gelatin mixture. Carefully pour remaining gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Chill overnight. Yield: 9 servings This recipe was sent to Reminisce magazine by Lisa Andis.